View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
MalkavianEmily

day 124/16 and i'm a little surprised, and relieved, that in all this navel gazing i've not slipped up. part of it, i think is that 4 month milestone. whether it's been the thought of not getting there or having... not to admit it, because i've always admitted it in the past. it's the fact that folk would know... or at least guess, or maybe assume, that i'd slipped merely because i didn't collect my chip...

2magnolias - glad to hear from you again. it's really good that you've found your way back.

soberjanedoe - i (sort of) remember how hectic university life can be. hope the job search goes well. as for it not being sobriety related... if we let ourselves fret and worry on our own and don't tell folks what's going on we risk drinking again. and recovery is a lot more than simply not picking up a drink. it's getting ourselves in a position where that isn't (so much of) a struggle.

saskia - i think, from past experience, that i've been dealing with the whole 'two week down' thing. dunno why (well, i sort of do...) but i always seem to go into a slump two weeks after a slip. and i keep forgetting that. funny isn't it, how much we forget?

tanja - thanks for reminding me how much i have got to be grateful for, and also how much i have to lose today. for all that, at times, i may wonder whether being sober has been worth it, deep down i know it ****ing well has been.

jeni - glad you slept well. and all being well, actually no matter how things go, i'm going to make an effort... not that it is an effort, i'm going to remember to post here when i have good news, bad news, no news... i forget that i need to do that. sometimes i just listen to my head telling me stuff, like that i'm ok, or that i don't need to do stuff. i do.

bloss - hope things go well at your sister-in-law's.

hitrockbottom - have a good trip.

fp - have a good thanksgiving. and yes a lie in every so often is a very good thing indeed.

onelesslonely - those cookies do look good. makes me want to start baking...

robcutts - welcome to our happy band.

as for me, today i pick up my four month chip, or at least, that's the plan. i'm heading off to do some shopping and then... well, see how it goes (other than the meeting that is)

have a good day folks, and remember that we are not what we do, what we think, or even what we feel.
love and hugs to you all.