View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by llastchance8
or there should not be any reason at all ?
Well there is always a reason. Humans change behaviors because of some level of discomfort, from mild to unbearable. Or they change for some reward, real or perceived. but yes, there is always a reason for making the decision to quit. The reason can simply be the catalyst though, it need not always remain for one to stay free of alcohol or drugs permanently. That can be done no matter what...come what may.

Originally Posted by llastchance8
Should there be a very simple reason to quit which can not become cause of relapse in future ?
Here's the thing...anything, and I mean anything, can be twisted as an excuse for drinking. I set my mind to realize that any thought or suggestion (however slight) of drinking or using drugs is false. It is dismissed. No wondering about it, thinking it over, pondering, etc. It's just dismissed as "no".
Have you ever worked in a group at school or work and there's always that one person that continually comes up with stupid, illogical, unworkable solutions to the task at hand? I look at my Addictive Voice like "that guy". It's ideas are always dumb...always, because it's solution always involves drinking or using. I dismiss with a "yeah, whatever...next?"