View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Well, when I think very clearly, I cannot come up with any compelling reasons to drink, actually. There is not *good* reason. Sure, some may do it with no addiction, but still, is it benefiting them? Or is it another little indulgence anyone is better off without, like a sweet treat, for example. One could argue the health benefits of red wine, but there are similar benefits one can get so many other healthier ways. One does not need wine to be healthy, though a small drink can be beneficial.

So, really, what is a good reason to drink? Nevermind having a good reason to give it up.

My daughter is still unaware of me being a problem drinker. She knows I try to reduce it to lose weight, or to be healthier. But we do not have fights, and dysfunction(other than laziness) as a result of drinking. So, she sees it as an adult indulgence. At 13, she asks when she is old enough to drink, and i answer her, "You can legally drink at 21, but if you do not like it, I see no good reason to try to like it." She agrees, right now. She hates the smell, and I am honest to the degree that I know it makes me get overweight. That turns her off.

Anyway, no good reason to do it, really.