View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Edelady wrote:
"Also may I point out that the ONLY reason I'm doing this is for my family because I know they are hurting seeing me like this. I honestly don't really care about myself or my health because I've already come to terms with the fact I'm a disaster."

Edelady: At one point you said that your family didn't know that you were an addict and then you say that they are hurting seeing you like this. And at other times you question whether you are an "alcoholic" and yet you say elsewhere that you are an "addict". What difference does it make what you call it? It seems obvious that you're having great difficulty, that you're unhappy and that wine is involved. You pass out, have problems at work and yet you say you are a "functioning alcoholic". You say that you don't care about yourself. You say that you've "come to terms with the fact that [you say you're] a disaster."
What does that mean-"coming to terms" with this situation? Calling yourself a "disaster" sounds like just a cop out to continue drinking. Isn't it time now to start caring about yourself, do yourself a favor by getting help, both professional help and the companionship of others who have similar problems? The help is there. Why not go for it instead of just letting the situation get worse and worse, as it often does.

W.