View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Somewhat emotional today. I choked up hearing someone talking about Black Friday shopping with his wife. He tells me he won't go into the stores with her, but he wakes up early to drive her around and drop her door to door at each place she wants to go. While she shops he takes little cat naps in the car. How flapping sweet is that?!!? I felt jealous and sad that I don't have that but immediately focused on feeling gratitude that the two of them share something so special and hopeful that maybe, maybe someday there is something like that for me.

I am thinking about how grateful I am to be where I am today. I have a paying job and my own home with two furbabies in it. I can pay my bills and even have extra for some fun. I have the opportunity to learn and grow as a part time student. And I have my music to keep my creative side steady and strong. I have family, friends, sobriety! And I have my May buds and all that each and every one of you has added to my life. I love you all.

I am hoping the holidays give some of the missing mates some extra time to check in I know the change in schedule will likely give me some more SR time this week/weekend. Although I can understand for some it may mean NO time for extra-curricular activities.

Whereever you are I hope you can join me in a prayer or moment for gratitude for something, even if it's only a day or two of sobriety (or 40)...we all have a lot of mistakes that we may regret, but if all of them were necessary for this moment to happen today, right now, then at least I can say it was worth it.

Happy Thanksgiving and remember WE ALL DESERVE TO BE SOBER!