View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
FrenchPink
Sober Mammoth!

Good Monday evening, my lovely May mates! Day 191 in sober fun. Hope everyone is hanging tough in sobriety. With the holidays looming, I've gotta get a start on planning lots of activities to keep my mind on the right track.

Resuming my French horn this week with my duet partner. Haven’t tooted for about 7 weeks, yikes! Surgery recovery put that on the back burner and now I’ve got to build my chop strength up from scratch.

iPad G-Ma: “I will be ecstatic if I can hit 30 days by the end of 2012!” That’s an excellent and achievable goal. Still have that special elephant tucked away and waiting. Have a great time visiting your family and be safe traveling. Good deal that you’re doing some deep digging into your habits and triggers. You’ve come a long way these past few months in discovering more about yourself. Awesome!

WeHav: I hear ya. Holidays are typically a struggle for me, too. Stay close to us, girlfriend. We can do this. What’s new in WeHav-land?

(((SoberJane))): So happy that you’re okay! Wonderful news that you have good grades and can enter undergrad. That insomnia may well be withdrawal related. My sleep schedule didn’t get back on semi-track for weeks after I’d quit. One sober, relaxing evening at a time, classmate. We’re all right here with you.

Teacher Jeni: Wonderful advice to our boaters, as always. How are you doing today? Work is bearable? Thinking of you, my friend.

Bionic Lee: Day 40 today, good buddy? Glad you got the account snafu figured out. Big hugs to you on your awesome continued sobriety.

2Mags: Nice job that you’re able to enjoy your beautiful living room! From one house renovator to another, I’ve been living with raw sheet-rocked/spackled walls in my main floor for the past 4 years. Have a full toilet and sink set in their boxes that double as a multi-level shelf for the laundry room. Almost lost a cat yesterday when a huge pipe wrench fell off of the hall table and crashed next to him. Yup. My home décor is industrial garage themed. Keep up the great sober work!

(((Tanja))): I’m sorry your insomnia and panic attacks are plaguing you so severely. Your sponsor could use a little compassion/sensitivity training in this case, bad day or other. No one should pressure you past your limits. You know what’s best for you, we all love you, and want you to be safe. Terrific that you handled it so well and made peace with her pushy/cranky behavior. And I agree with you on our invaluable May mates for support. SR is my only program and has been working great. Hugs to you.

You-Rock: Such a hard worker. Hope you’re able to find time to yourself and plenty of rest. Looking forward to your posts when you can. Love to you.

Lilac: Absolutely wonderful that you had a breakthrough conversation with your husband! Love to hear that you two are close and supportive of each other. It takes a lot of courage to change your path and do what it takes to make it happen. I am with you on this 100 percent. Have a great Thanksgiving with family and be safe traveling. Big hugs to you on your sober strength, girlfriend.

OneLess: “Life stops being so dramatic after being sober for awhile.” Right on. What a relief to have that in the past. “I'm just very nervous that I'll become complacent and think it's been enough time to try and drink responsibly. But then being so vigilant sometime feels like overkill.” Yes, I feel this way, too, oftentimes. Especially this time of year. Thank goodness we’re all here for each other to talk things through. Here’s to getting through Thanksgiving with smooth-sailing success. Hope your day settles down today, too.

Bloss: Great to hear from you, May mate! So happy you’re staying with us. Excellent that you’re spending time reading and in self-reflection. I found both to be incredibly helpful to my sober strength. Stay close to us and keep posting when you can.

Dee: Big hugs to you, my wise friend.

KittyCat: How are you doing, girlfriend? Missing you!

Hurricane devastation persists. A squadron of military helicopters hugged the coastline yesterday with their loud, reverberating presence. Three blocks away, anyone trying to enter the beaches without proper ID clearance is met with assault weapons pointed and ready to fire. Cleanup is slow and the fleets of dump trucks entering our towns every day are consistently leaving full to the brim with flood-damaged personal items and debris. Electricity, heat, and traffic/street lights are still out in sections. Unbelievably surreal.

If you’re living in relative comfort, please be grateful for what you have. After this experience, I count my blessings every day. Keep up your phenomenal sober strength, boaters. Best wishes for a lovely Thanksgiving and be careful if you're traveling. Love and hugs to all.