View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
OneLessLonely

Ugh! I just lost a huge post when my computer decided to restart for some reason. Basically-
Tanja I was so happy to read that you drove! Great job overcoming that challenge. I know it's not magically fixed, but build on the confidence this gave you!
SJD, stay close.
Emily, where are you?
FP- Yes! Sips to share! First that I should try it because it was so good and then because it was too much and I'd have to help finish it. To be fair I had told her I was taking a break from drinking awhile ago, but wasn't very forthright. She has a great heart, but doesn't get it. I was fine though.
I'm just very nervous that I'll become complacent and think it's been enough time to try and drink responsibly. But then being so vigilant sometime feels like overkill. Anyone I know would think it is strange that I am on a recovery site every day. I don't talk about it much outside of here. I do a little with my other half, but I feel like I sound like I'm trying to be a drama queen. I wonder if my AV is just trying another tactic in making me feel selfish for focusing so much on myself and not making myself uncomfortable. I dunno. I had a very busy and productive weekend. I just have a list of things that I want to get done around here to finally feel at home and comfortable, and I won't rest until they're done. I had some cranky moments, which I hate. But I think it has to do with what I left at work Friday and the upcoming holiday. I decided I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving. Just going to try to have a nice day off and cook my first whole turkey for just the two of us. We'll have a lot of leftovers so that will be good. I don't even think I want to do the volunteer thing in the morning I was going to do. I feel bad but it is with a part of my family that stresses me out. They make me feel bad for the things I already don't go to. Christmas I cannot hide from, but I'm going to make this one a wash. I worry I will regret ignoring time I could spend with family, some I don't see often anyways. But I keep telling myself if I really want to see people, I will just have to make plans with them at another time. Alright over and out. Have a good day everyone.