Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
I am not a big talker or sharer, never have been. My deceased husband had many women
reporting to him over the years, he once made a comment that many women suffer from "Verbal Bulemia" and listening to all the words gave him a headache, he was glad to come home and have some quiet. So, your husband is not the only man who feels that way.

Perhaps you can do your sharing with a friend or relative, might make it easier on you, as he is not interested in every detail of your day.
You know what? Neither am I. My sharing with him is done in about 5 minutes, just quick little snippets of who I ran into at the grocery store or a quick story about the weird person who followed us around Target. I don't give him play by play of my day. Honestly, my 'stories' are about 3-5 minutes long at best.

Honestly, I find his complaint a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. His sister once asked me if I had a muzzle for AH because he wouldn't shut up. He had been going on at the dinner table for 15 minutes about the economic woes of the country and not one other person said a thing. She whispered across the table, "Hey, do you carry a muzzle around with you? You must, because I have no idea how you can listen to him like this all the time. He just doesn't stop!"

I've heard similar things from friends in Bible study, soccer coach made comments to me about my AH's wordiness, and others.

Anyway, I think I find his comments offensive because he does way more talking than I do if the topic suits him. Many times over our marriage he told me that I was like one of the guys because I didn't wear him out talking about my emotions or my baggage. When I was younger I took that as a compliment, now I see it was me shoving down my emotions to please him, to NOT bother him, and to keep the status quo.

Doesn't matter anyway, we're so dysfunctional at this point I don't know which was is right side up, LOL. There are so many issues between us, the drinking was just the icing on the cake.