View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
tanja

Jane - Glad to hear you are feeling better! It could be hypoglycemia that you were experiencing. It is common in alcoholics. I am severely hypoglycemic. I can get dizzy, shaky and anxious and eating will make me feel better.

Lilac - You should be very proud of yourself for not taking a drink when faced with uncomfortable feelings! I agree 100% with finding your bliss in the work environment. I spent 24 years in a profession that I really learned to despise. It was very unhealthy, stressful and not at all conducive to sobriety. Life is too short - go for you want

Sas - I agree with the assessment of a lot of AAers. Their "one size fits all" approach can be very frustrating. When I wanted to use a workbook (AA based) to facilitate my recovery, my former sponsor said "No, you do it my way, the way my sponsor taught me". I was appalled. She later relented. Both sponsors have told me you cannot get sober through a web site. All I know is that my precious Mayans were here for me when those in AA were not! I called my sponsor and two other numbers. Not one of them called me back. I use any and all resources available to me and this website is a Godsend.

Yesterday was a great day for me! I actually managed to drive to a meeting and then dinner with my sponsor.

Wishing everyone a great Monday