View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
2magnolias

OLL I must have vaccuumed five pounds of paint chips, sawdust, mud sanding powder, floor scrapings and bugs out of my living room today. Stinks living in a 3,000 square foot house and having three functional rooms!

The other day my husband said "we're never buying another reno" and my jaw hit the floor. This is my third reno, I enjoy doing it (slowly) and could never live in a newer house, and could certainly never afford a renovated old house. So I've had it in the back of my head that I'd better get busy making this house liveable so I can change his mind once this one's done.

((SoberJane)) You sound exactly like me in college....I got so drunk I threw up all over guy's dorm rooms, was raped by a "friend," was taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning, got kicked out of college...you name it. I've gone back and read many of your recent posts and am really worried about you. Reason is because I work in a health clinic at the university here and our departments include counseling. All our counselors work primarily to help students deal with and reduce stress. They're not here simply to help folks diagnosed with major depressive disorder, schitzophrenia or any other labeled mental health issue. I send students to our counseling center all the time because they're stressed out. Now, of course, they would also be of GREAT help for you to talk to about drinking. If you have a health center at your school or a counseling center please give them a call. They want you to be successful in school and they have the tools to help you do so. You won't be the first case...and I promise...you won't be the worst either.