View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Welcome to SR!! You have come to right place for support.

My son is 16 and I have been living it too. Very similar, just throw in a bomb threat at school, running away, thousands of dollars worth of property and money stolen from my home. After he got kicked out of the last program, I refused to pick him up too. To make things worse, I discovered my husband was addicted to pain pills. Addiction does not discriminate, that's for sure.

Although, your husband forgot to lock up the credit card, your son is still to blame. Try and keep the anger directed where it belongs. Sometimes I would forgot to lock something up too and paid the price (a diamond bracelet, a ring, etc.) I had to lock up things before I went in the shower. Good for your husband though, that he is willing to press charges!! In the beginning, my husband always fought me on it. "He didn't want to hurt his future." Boy, is that a decision he regrets now. But because many items were "family" property (xbox, wii, ps3, games, etc) and he was part of the family, I couldn't even press charges anyway. My son even successfully passed court ordered drug testing, all while using drugs.

I understand your frustration and pain. You are not alone.