View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karrie32

one more time....

One more time down the same pot-filled road
We discoverd my son was a heroin addict one year ago. Since that time he was in and out of juv. detention. He stole jewelry and checks from us in that time period—he paid us back out of his savings (which are now gone) He has been in two in-pt rehabs-kicked out of both. We sent him to a program for troubled youth that he was kicked out of for vandalizing a counselors car. We would not take him back home after that and he went to a youth shelter. He promptly overdosed on heroin and cocaine and spent 2 weeks in ICU last summer—almost died. He was quite ill after that. We let him come home. He is now 19. Since last summer he has had 4 jobs that he got and lost (fired from two, quit two) He moved out into an apartment in Oct. He is now moving out west and may not be back. He did not say goodbye or even tell us he was leaving. He only contacts us if he needs something. According to friends he is drinking and smoking pot.
Today we found out that he “borrowed” a credit card from my husband while we were out of town last month and charged 200.00. My husband reported it to the police hoping he would get locked up. I am a little peeved that my dh did not lock up his credit cards—we bought a large gun safe for that very reason—all guns, extra credit cards, checks , ids and valuable jewelry is now locked up in the safe.
Well... in the process my other son who is waiting to go in the Marines is being questioned about the credit card abuse. He is furious with my husband as this will have to be reported.
I go to al-anon pretty frequently. However I am at the point that I just want to close the door on my son—I don’t want the drama and I don’t want to hear what he is or isn’t doing. I plan to take him out of the will. Has anyone else ever done this??I am tired of being the mother of an addict, discussing it; explaining to people, answering questions, worrying etc.
Any thoughts??
I suppose I sound heartless but my son, who we adopted at age 2, has been in continuous trouble since jr hi. He has had counseling, seen psychiatrists, we have had family counseling for long periods, partial day programs several times etc.
Sorry for rambling!!