View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
iseult

No need to be snarky or rude.

I've always had a job or been in university and postgraduate school (or both) since coming here. I left my last job a few months ago because it constantly had me abroad and I was tired of always being on the move and away from our home. I've had trouble getting a new job other than sporadic temp work since because there isn't much work where we live, but finally landed a new one that starts in a few weeks. I was just in the hospital 2 weeks ago. So I think I managed to finally find a good job pretty quickly.

My fiance isn't a stranger. His family weren't strangers at this point. I left the US as a teenager so there isn't much I did there other than work at a non-profit to pay for my university fees.

I'm not close with my family because of severe abuse- and there aren't any other family members. Don't make assumptions about any type of aspect of anyone's life. I came here mostly just because I'm trying to get sober and wanted some like-minded friends.. I'm not asking anyone to condone anything I've done, or to praise/compliment it either. I just wanted to know other people are around who've felt this way and that there's friendship out there. And a place to vent.

That's what I get for coming on the internet, lol. can't help people from saying whatever they want when you post on here! Think I might try actual people in person from now on. Thanks for all your support the last few days.