View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
soberwife2012

go to alanon!! find a group who will listen to you and understand that you still love him but not the bottle! there is a HUGE difference between the two! the day i had my husband removed from the house was the hardest tough love moment. his family rallied around him and now we are dealing with hospitals and the courts because he is still drinking. you are going to stumble with second guessing yourself but you need to take care of yourself!! making him sober is not something you can do for him, it has to be his choice. get healthy for you and maybe he will see you getting healthy and get sober. protect your heart and soul from the lying and cheating way of the drinking person till the drunk is sober for a longtime. he will say and do anything to stay in his addiction because it is comfortable to him. make yourself a promise to get help for yourself. best of luck and i truly do understand still being in love with the man but not the bottle. i had a funeral for my husband already, i am just waiting for the shell to die.