View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by dybehfar View Post
My wife made a comment to her mother at dinner with the family that she hopes that a certain couple would not come over to our house for Thanksgiving (as they drink a lot), given the current situation and then pointed to the wine glasses that they were drinking from. Obviously insinuating that my drinking may return. I was embarrassed, ashamed, and I had an intense feeling of anger.

I know it is not necessarily right. I have been reflecting on this. I don't know if this is the AV. My AV may be lurking somewhere in these thoughts but can't separate the feelings.
Intense anger can certainly create confusing and conflicting associated thoughts and feelings. AV can often hide undetected within those moments. Your idea that she was insinuating your drinking MAY return is in fact pure AV in reaction to her comments.

AV is ALWAYS present if there is doubt present.

I think you've received solid advice in this thread, dybehfar, and that you're enough on track with yourself to have brought this up for examination obviously shows that you good to go with getting thru this better off than what you had yesterday.

Good work on keeping an open mind on discovering more on the nature of your Beast's barking out some serious AV.