Thread: help me...
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

This is what TG was talking about...

This right here >>>
Originally Posted by sweetteewalls View Post
I come here for vent for support. What gives anyone the idea I am wallowing. I do what I am supposed to 99% of the time and because I need to vent 1% why am I being told "what else is he supposed to give other than $" and I'm "wallowing". I am a strong single mother doing what I need to. I am so sick of everyone right now...
...and it's not meant as anything but support. If you see it any other way it's because of the lenses through which you are viewing it, because I tell you now TG meant only to help you, and she phrased it far more nicely than I would've done.

And she was right about expectations too. Expectations for an alcoholic have only one outcome, and it's truly not rational to think they'll meet them (and I had a lot of expectations for my AW over the years so I'm referring to myself here as well). Somebody here once posted that expectations are just baby resentments. They were right.

If you can release yourself from him and just be thankful when the checks come, you'll have the potential to be happy. The only alternative is to resent him the rest of your life, and the only people hurt by that will be you and your beautiful child.

Take care. I mean that as the son of a single mother who raised me all by herself, with my dad only sending money.

Cyranoak