Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

There's nothing wrong with you Quinn. Like the RR stuff says, it's the response of a normal healthy brain. And you're right, all that doubt is your AV. Any thought which makes you doubt your decision to quit is your AV. It is nothing to do with wanting to stop, you already know that part of you does want to stop, it is just your AV which is stopping you. Arbitrarily set your confidence at 100% and don't engage with your AV.

I really struggled with my decision to quit. I tried and failed daily for years. When it came to it, it was a bit of a now or never moment. It was a bit depressing and I felt like I was prying the drink from my hands. I was well versed in tipping it down the sink at this point, the difficulty was not buying more the next day. AVRT worked a treat on that. By simply not engaging with my AV I managed to stick to my decision. And things started getting better almost immediately. I felt rotten for a while but mentally I was better. And things have only got better since. My only wish is that I did it sooner. This really will be the best thing you've ever done. You'll get lots of support here too. Maybe join the Class of November thread in the Newcomers forum too. Good luck x