View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

being with an addict is HARD!! i know your pain my husband is an alcholic but hes taking pills while drinking. alcohols is main deal but hell take something if you its good and you have it. after having our daughter i was prescribed vicodin well i only took it if i realllllyyy needed to . me and medication especially vicodin dont mix well anyhow my ah stayed up drinking one night i had giving him one vicodin that day because of so and so w.e.....anyhow the next mroning i woke up hurting and so i went to go get my pills and they were gone..cleaned out. i go into the living room where ah passed out and they were all soaked on the floor.i dont know why and i dont know what happened. frankly didnt care because in the end it was because he was drinking and is an addict. so i ended up without and he denied it was him and so instead of an im sorry i got an it wasnt me.
as far as wanting to be important enough to quit ....i too have felt like that. that if he loved me he will be sober. he will see what hes doing to me and himself. frankly.....the most important reason he will have to quit will only be for himself. this is why programs such as aa are so important even therapy by himself because in the end he has to see that he world can be wrong but he doesnt have to be and that things happen example his friend but that we must move forward and not succumb to addiction. talk to him about seeking high performance therapy/aa if this is a fear of yours. he should be attending meetings as much as humanly possible