View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ju5tBr3ath3

Dealing with addict Fiance.. Help??

I'm so hurt and lost. I am engaged to be married in two months and on Halloween I find out my fiance has been stealing my pain pills that I got from the dentist because I had a tooth pulled. I can't take them they made me sick the first two nights so I said I wasnt going to take anymore. I didn't like throwing up. Then on Halloween we were suppose to go to a party and I said I was going to take a half of one with me in case I got to hurting really bad. Well he got mad and was accusing me on just taking them to feel good. I got to looking for them because I thought that was odd for him to say that. I'm not like that. And surprise surprise I couldn't find the bottle they weren't in my purse. I went to him and said "Either tell me what happened to them or give them to me". He told me what happened.

I had fifteen and i took 3. He took 11 in the course of two days. And this apparently wasnt the first time. My mother has had them go missing before and she thought it was him but I defended him and said no he wouldn't do that to me. He owned up to those going missing as well. I asked him about my mom's pills because I had a funny feeling about it and begged him to tell me if he did, that I would help him even if he did. A few days ago I was packing up his clothes to take to him because I did't want him staying with me messed up like that,(we live with my sister who JUST had a baby) and found reciepts from pawn shops one was for my sister's tablet and one for his grandpa's dulcimer who has passed and his grandma gave it to him to keep. We got to looking in the house to see if he got anything else and the piggy banks for my little nephew which were full of money only had a few pennies in them. I feel betrayed and hurt beyond anything I've ever felt before.

I've talked to him and he has went to rehab classes this whole week. He says he loves me and doesn't want to lose me but one of his close friends passed away earlier this week and I'm so afraid that this is going to cause him to give up. I want to be important enough to him to make him wanna be a better person. I don't know how to go about fixing things with us. I'm afraid to talk about things with him because what if it makes him more down on himself that he starts back up again? I love him and what to work things out but when is it time to start doing that? It just feels like I'm waiting but for what I don't know.