View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
faith610

My hubby and I have discussed a movie and I like to say, "but it's so expensive". REALLY? Going out and drinking is a lot more costly than going to a movie. We've also analyzed this even further to the point we say to one another that the movie is only two hours long, then what?

I'd really like to go to an AA meeting but getting him to go is very difficult. I was forced to go at the age of 20 because of a DUI and hated every second of it and couldn't wait to get out to go drink. The more they spoke about it the more I wanted to drink. Years later I've went on my own spuradically here and there and I really enjoy it. The longest I've stayed sober from alcohol since I was around the age of 21 (now 35) was two weeks and that was with going to not one but two AA meetings a day. It really helped me. Unfortunately, the 13th steppers were a big turn off. If my husband were there maybe this would not be a problem. We're living in a new area now but I think I will go ahead and look into the meetings here. Let's hope that I can get him to go.

We'd also like to go play bingo but a lot of the halls are within a club that serves alcohol. That's when we like to say, "okay no shots we'll just drink beer" yeah right!

Grrr...I'm so freaking stupid! How in the world did I get myself here? Because I started drinking so young and have been in court ordered counseling I knew alcoholism was a progressive disease. Why did I just ignore everything I ever heard and continue to drink to the point I feel like I can't stop??