View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Originally Posted by fml23 View Post
Wow. Spent the night reading and reading all the wealth of info on the stickies. Gave me enough support to not contact my husband. I feel like I need a count down for days 'sober' from my alcoholic. I am glad to know I am not insane because of this compulsion to tell him
'One last time, one last way.' Not insane just need to change that behavior.

Englishgarden- I have to admit I read ur post a million times. At first it made me really really mad. I thought 'u don't know how things will turn out for me. U don't know my alcoholic.' But suddenly I thought, actually given that ur posting here, u probably do know my story. This dose of reality that my husband is in the throws if addictions sucks. And it IS getting worse.

Thanks all. In need if inspiration and I got it. One foot in front of the other...
There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. Sad, but at least it is here for us. And some postings will be upsetting, and sometimes it is upsetting because we don't want to face up to reality and see things for what they really are.

EnglishGarden is one of my favorite posters here - she will not lead you astray, I promise. Sometimes what she says is a bit hard to take at first, but there is nothing malicious in her words - they are there to help YOU and to maybe help YOU recover more quickly than others have and get yourself to a better place in life. And isn't that what we all want?

Stick around, and keep posting when you need to - we're all here for you.

C-OH Dad