View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MamaKit

Originally Posted by ZiggyB View Post
Interesting... so why do you think you were attracted to someone wounded and broken if it wasn't low self esteem? If you felt better about yourself wouldn't you have picked someone that didn't need "fixing"? I fell into that trap too but I suspect I felt I was such a mess myself that I had to take what I could get. Not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious.
ZiggyB,
I think it was because he only showed the wounded and broken part to me. On the outside, and to everyone else he was the tough, together, self-made guy. I think I mistook it for vulnerability and intimacy.
But I also think, there was a bit of superiority on my part. I knew the way to make someone feel loved...I came from this wonderful loving family. I just assumed he would want what I had to offer. I don't know if I really listened to what he wanted - I thought I knew best.

I don't know, maybe it really is all based on insecurity or low self esteem and I just haven't gotten there yet with my own self-analysis. This thread is giving me some new ways of looking at myself though. Thank you!!!