View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Mr. Texas,

As a doting father of a 2.5 year old, I will say this: you do it by reminding yourself that there is nothing you can do to help her at this point; and that you must think first of your children, then of yourself, and then - way down the line of imprtance - her.

Read some of the postings on Adult Children of Alcoholics, and other articles about the situation - you need to protect your precious children from this insiduous and destructive disease. You can't save her, you can't save your marriage, she is married to, and has a relationship with, the bottle. And until she comes to some point that she realizes that is a toxic relationship, you and your dear little ones should be nowhere near her.

She is an adult, she can, and will, manage to survive - if she wants to. If she doesn't and continues the destructive path she is on, then that is her doing, and hers alone.

Do you want your little ones to have to witness all of this? I think not.

Go back and read prior postings and especially the ones where children are involved, and take in what these people are telling about the pain the children experience - even in situations not as dire as yours.

I'm sorry you are going through this. Take care of your little ones, and take care of yourself - they need you to be strong and healthy - two things that your Wife is certainly not.

You fought for your children two months ago when you knew what needed to be done. Remember what led you to that point, and continue to do what is right for them.

Blessings,
C-OH Dad