Thread: checking in...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Switch

Thanks for all the prompt replies, I'm hoping that having a a support group here will help me get over this first hurdle. I live in a small country town, and I'm in a high profile position at work so I don't want to air my dirty laundry in public - so going to a support group in person is not really an option for me.

I really want to work towards being alcohol free at home but still having a few glasses of wine at dinners - I regularly entertain visiting business clients/colleagues and unfortunately (?) good wine and good food are part of the deal. I can completely control my drinking when I'm out socially, that's not a problem for me, it's at home where I have a problem. I'm hoping I can draw the line between drinking socially and drinking at home....

I have actually quit before, went a few days alcohol free, so I think I can handle the physical withdrawal. It's the motivation to stay off the grog that I'm lacking. A few years back when I was training hard at the gym I was actually a non-drinker, so if I have the motivation I know I can do it.

This forum is great, I've learnt a lot already. I'll spend some time looking at that Rational Recovery site tonight.