View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Not attitude lol. I went a little awry in early October, not with drinking but with seemingly anything and everything doing my head in. Sorry to those people in the know.

Anyway!

I just wanted to let anybody that remembers me know - I am sober, I am well and I start a new job on Wednesday!!

I have changed all hours with nursery, informed all that I need to with regards to tax credits and child tax credits, help with nursery fees etc bought some new clothes and now just counting down to the big day. I haven't worked since before DD was born so a good 4 years.

Anxious? Yes! Worried? Definitely! Confident? Yeah... pretty - sort of!

I had to let you all know, because before I joined this site in June, I'd pretty much given up all hope on everything and getting up and out to work just seemed like an impossibility.

It was a rocky road but things changed for the better, I moved my DD's nursery sessions from 1-6pm to 8am-1pm in September confident that we could all be up, showered dressed and ready to be out on time (sounds pathetic doesn't it?)

Little moves like that though have given me the confidence to explore further, apply for jobs and bingo! I'm going to be working 9-3 weds, thurs and fri on an IT helpdesk. A huge thing for me as I used to work as an analyst. Stepping stones

So... a huge thank you. I could never have come this far without SR and all of you and your wealth of knowledge.

It's brought back worries of drinking for me as as soon as Friday comes - end of working week, I KNOW that drink will be nagging again (Fridays never bothered me before as everyday was just the same)

I'm NOT going to mess this opportunity up though. And once again. Thank you, all of you

xxx
Very good to hear from you! glad you are back!