Notices

Just popping by with gratitude...

Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just popping by with gratitude...

Not attitude lol. I went a little awry in early October, not with drinking but with seemingly anything and everything doing my head in. Sorry to those people in the know.

Anyway!

I just wanted to let anybody that remembers me know - I am sober, I am well and I start a new job on Wednesday!!

I have changed all hours with nursery, informed all that I need to with regards to tax credits and child tax credits, help with nursery fees etc bought some new clothes and now just counting down to the big day. I haven't worked since before DD was born so a good 4 years.

Anxious? Yes! Worried? Definitely! Confident? Yeah... pretty - sort of!

I had to let you all know, because before I joined this site in June, I'd pretty much given up all hope on everything and getting up and out to work just seemed like an impossibility.

It was a rocky road but things changed for the better, I moved my DD's nursery sessions from 1-6pm to 8am-1pm in September confident that we could all be up, showered dressed and ready to be out on time (sounds pathetic doesn't it?)

Little moves like that though have given me the confidence to explore further, apply for jobs and bingo! I'm going to be working 9-3 weds, thurs and fri on an IT helpdesk. A huge thing for me as I used to work as an analyst. Stepping stones

So... a huge thank you. I could never have come this far without SR and all of you and your wealth of knowledge.

It's brought back worries of drinking for me as as soon as Friday comes - end of working week, I KNOW that drink will be nagging again (Fridays never bothered me before as everyday was just the same)

I'm NOT going to mess this opportunity up though. And once again. Thank you, all of you

xxx
Old 11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear from you MTN - and very glad to hear things are looking up

D
Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news. You sound optimistic and determined. Very happy for you, MTN.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like good things are coming your way, keep us posted on how the job goes.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you! You go gurrrrll !
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, especially you Dee, there for us newcomers through thick and thin

I am very optimistic and determined Heyvn, which feels weird because I am usually such a pessimist!

I will keep in touch and I guess I posted because I know I am going to need some support. My personality is very much extremes and there isn't much thought into what I do when I do it, so I would like to post here hyper on Wednesday evening saying OMG OMG I did it! I did it! This is a HUGE thing for me, I feel so excited/apprehensive/blessed/frightened that I don't want to be overcome with emotions that I haven't felt for a long time and not be able to deal with them. If that makes sense?

Basically, I won't drink, but I know this whirlwind and venturing into new territory is going to make me want to, it already is! Not going there and I know I'll need support now more than ever to keep this positivity on track.

Yikes!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done you.
We love that you shared this with us.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

MTN awesome to hear from you (I changed screenname due to glitch, formerly NoFireWater). I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well!! Best of luck with your new job-sounds like things are really falling into place. lol that expression always cracks me up. Usually when things "fall into place" it's because you've done a ton of work to make them all happen so good job!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Not attitude lol. I went a little awry in early October, not with drinking but with seemingly anything and everything doing my head in. Sorry to those people in the know.

Anyway!

I just wanted to let anybody that remembers me know - I am sober, I am well and I start a new job on Wednesday!!

I have changed all hours with nursery, informed all that I need to with regards to tax credits and child tax credits, help with nursery fees etc bought some new clothes and now just counting down to the big day. I haven't worked since before DD was born so a good 4 years.

Anxious? Yes! Worried? Definitely! Confident? Yeah... pretty - sort of!

I had to let you all know, because before I joined this site in June, I'd pretty much given up all hope on everything and getting up and out to work just seemed like an impossibility.

It was a rocky road but things changed for the better, I moved my DD's nursery sessions from 1-6pm to 8am-1pm in September confident that we could all be up, showered dressed and ready to be out on time (sounds pathetic doesn't it?)

Little moves like that though have given me the confidence to explore further, apply for jobs and bingo! I'm going to be working 9-3 weds, thurs and fri on an IT helpdesk. A huge thing for me as I used to work as an analyst. Stepping stones

So... a huge thank you. I could never have come this far without SR and all of you and your wealth of knowledge.

It's brought back worries of drinking for me as as soon as Friday comes - end of working week, I KNOW that drink will be nagging again (Fridays never bothered me before as everyday was just the same)

I'm NOT going to mess this opportunity up though. And once again. Thank you, all of you

xxx
Very good to hear from you! glad you are back!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello!

It's great to hear from you.Congratulations on getting sober and your new job-that's awesome and a great new start for you.

Hope all goes well today for you.x
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, and know that things are looking up! You have good reason to be proud of yourself!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks all, your support means so much to me! I'm going to start a new thread and link onto here if I can