Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jennikate

I have found that I have fun when I least expect it. In other words, I don't plan fun outings or anything like that. Instead, I let myself get in touch with my silly, childish side. Now I work in a kindergarten class so it's not that much of a reach for me. For example, I was in Home Depot when I came across the musical Xmas decorations and pushed each one to hear it's song and dance. My friend who was with me thought I was crazy but I just stood in the aisle laughing. I also occasionaly color or doodle. I watch mindless comedies sometimes too. I like to play outside with my goofy dogs. So, I guess, I try to find the lightness in everyday moments and my good mood carries into other aspects of my day. I actually do have fun at meetings too. My sponsor and I have very similiar senses of humor and we do get strange looks at times when we burst into laughter at something stupid.
When I try to plan a fun activity, I find that I am disappointed. I tend to build things up and have high expectations. Now, I just take the fun when and where it comes.