View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
philb
Bound and Determined

How did I somehow know we'd meet up on your 1000th post Gerb? lol---I'm kidding you. I think you know I really appreciate you and all of your posts.

You know, I really understand your post above. I never honestly gave much thought to the term "recovering alcoholic" myself and just applied the label as it seemed a required item like a name tag of sorts in AA. But what you say makes alot of sense comparing "recovery" to an injury which one gets over in the short term. I certainly don't want to walk around with a limp for the rest of my life. Yet at the same time I kind of need the reminder Dee just "talked" about.

I also agree with you about just walking past the liquor aisle in the market without any association to past alcoholism. I have alot of exaggerated fear factors and red flags in my life Gerb that aren't particularly skewed in coordination with whats going on. They don't just just pertain to alcohol, its part of the symptomology (is that a word??) of GAD. I look forward to the day when I'm more appropriately skewed ha.

But I'm glad you see my life isn't destroyed, awful or in misery as a result. Its just some crappy symptoms I have to learn to get over and get past. The nice thing is I can address all of that now that the alcohol is gone. It would have been an impossiblity prior. Life is very good Gerb thanks. Hope all things are going great with you as well. It is really good to "see" you here. Its a beautiful weekend in L.A. after the blast furnace inferno of a summer we had here. I think tomorrow is looking good for a hike in the Angeles Forest.

Have a good one all.