Thread: denial
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jade1224

denial

I am in some serious denial. I have been drinking semi heavily the last month.(I have had an off and on battle with alcohol for a few years). It's in part because I met a friend who I LOVE but when we drink we can't stop. But I also drink at home with my husband and even when my husband isn't at work. I just get bored. When I cook, its boring so I feel like I need a glass of wine to make it fun. One glass turns into two and so on.

I wake up at 2am feeling like it's time for a change but when my anxiety/hangover is gone I'm back to drinking. I have done a few things the last month or so that i am NOT proud of and it's totally not my personality.

I'm 24, pretty, smart. I'm in college, I work full time and I have a wonderful family. Theres nothing wrong with me yet but I feel like I could lose everything like so many other alcohols out there.

I guess I'm worried about hitting rock bottom one day and looking back at THIS moment and hating myself for not making the change now. But when I reach for a drink, I think... I'm not like everyone else. I'm responsible and young and why CANT i have a drink?? So how do I overcome this... do people have to hit rock bottom to change?