View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
kam00096

Hey Edelady. Your situation sounds very much like mine. I too was doing the wine most/ every night and during the day thing, had my parents worried sick about me (and wondering why I never left my room) and was self medicating to get a break from constant overwhelming anxiety. I've left a number of jobs after warnings about my attendance (as I felt it was better to leave than be fired).

I've had some major slips this year and to be totally honest my anxiety hasn't lessened (but I have a lot of issues with a phobia I'm trying to work through). I will say this though, when I'm not drinking I don't feel as guilty about things or as ashamed of myself. Yeah I may still feel sad and lonely and anxious but at least I have my self respect back. And I know I'm not such a worry to my family.

As far as meds go, my docs have been great since I was completely honest with them and I'm taking something that i hope is helping me (I know there are many differing opinions about meds on here but that's just my experience so far). And with looking and feeling horrible, that defi will pass. I don't look puffy and bleary eyed anymore and am sure you will feel better about yourself soon if you stay clear of the booze.

SR is an awesome place for support. Hope you find lots of help and advice on here x