View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Originally Posted by Ready2Stop View Post
Delilah- I went to my doctor too. I asked if I should go into rehab or something. I don't drink every night, but when I drink it is a binge (usually 10-12). This used to be once every other week, but it has now escalated to three or four nights a week. The other three nights I'm still hungover and don't want to drink or do anything for that matter.

He said I have an alcohol abuse problem, but I am not an alcoholic????? He said I have to identify and avoid my triggers, not go to rehab.

What did your doctor say, if you don't mind my asking. I don't want to go to rehab, but there has to be something medically to help me.
They had me fill out a questionnaire on the computer. He didn't label me as an alcoholic or alcohol abuser. He did prescribe me medication to take for a few days to help with withdrawal. I didn't have horrible withdrawal symptoms, just felt edgy and anxious. I have also had a few headaches, but I am probe to migraines when stressed, so I didn't attribute them to the withdrawal.

I was managing to still hold it together at work, be responsible for bills, and kid activities but I know there were times with work and with my kids that I was not fully present or short due to lack of sleep which was due to drinking the night before.

I am seeing a therapist every other week, it is nice to have someone objective to talk to.