View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Saint Francis

I want to say I totally enjoy this thread and want to thank you for helping me find a free test. Yes, I am also an INFJ. I am convinced that is why AVRT is working for me and so relieved I am not alone and have others here for the support since I will not have meetings to give me that. Alcoholic husband certainly is not supportive, but a few friends have been. I find that by being and introvert, I recharge by being alone, thinking, and reading. So that is why I am here. It's been 6 weeks now since I started, or think I started, AVRT. It really didn't come on as a "bang" but more as a "whimper." Just decided to quit. The lack of fanfare made it easier with less pressure or feelings of failure.

To my delight, I can still do things that I love, like playing bar trivia, with very little temptation with the added benefit of no fear of driving home. I was afraid that giving up alcohol meant giving up so many other things. So glad there was an alternative to AA.

Not 100% convinced that NEVER drinking again is for me. It's probably my AV. My experience is that when something is forbidden, it causes even more wanting. For me, not advocating it, an occasional preplanned "chocolate covered pretzel" or glass of wine is not failing. Just like allowing myself a pack of cigarettes once a year has stopped me from picking up the habit. Rarely, I may indulge, but most the time I'm not interested anyway. A DQ Blizzard (my substitute) beats them all and tastes way better.