Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FenwayFaithful

Thank you guys!
Feels great to know that not everyone is against it
I was in the hospital again. I have an extremely severe case of tonsillitis to the point where it's necrotic. I was in such severe pain that Vicodin wasn't making a dent, I couldn't eat or drink or sleep, and I honestly couldn't even swallow the pills I had to crush them up and choke them down with pudding which still hurt a lot.
They gave me morphine at the hospital and I asked for more because I was still in pain, I still don't think they gave me much. Then they sent me home with a stronger pain medication that's liquid. Something I've never heard of. I've been taking that every 4 hours and I've gone though like a quarter of it since I got it last night, I really am just using it for pain.
I have NO DESIRE to drink, I can't drink for months after having mono anyway because of what it does to your liver, my liver already showed some issues in my blood work, likely related to the mono. I am thankful I quit drinking a month ago or I think I'd be having a harder time.
Anyway IDK I really am just using the pan meds for PAIN but I still feel a little guilty? Like I'm "cheating" but that may just be because of what some people in AA say. It doesn't alter my frame of mind minus making me tired but I'm glad to hear not everyone is anti-pain meds when it comes to needing them for medical reasons.
Hopefully I get better soon I'd like to enjoy being sober instead of being stuck in bed all day!