View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
liz, your not sure if he is a full blown alcoholic? He gets a "super extreme" DUI in AZ & continued to drive with no license. That is alcoholic behavior. Alcoholics do not believe they should have to follow society's rules.
I was responding to MadeofGlass' comments about my AH's history of drinking. I always heard that we can't label them alcoholics, they have to do that themselves. The marriage counselor mentioned 'substance abuser' when referring to my AH and my AH just about had a cow.

Oh, and on a positive note. I was in my physical therapist's office today(I messed up my back a few months ago) and joked around about whether he was hiring. He brightened up and said, "Why, are you looking?" I told him maybe, down the line in a few months. Then we talked about his business and how he wants to expand it but doesn't have time for marketing and told me he'd hire me to handle his marketing and to also teach yoga classes in his office!! And, this is something I'd be totally interested in. I love health and fitness and I have a business background in banking, but a degree in communications and marketing. Anyway, that gave me a nice boost today to realize that I am employable and that I must have some assets that professional people see in me.