View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jennikate

Hi Jeni,

I always like to follow what you're doing because our sobriety dates are one day apart. It sounds like you could use this upcoming time off to do some reflection. I think one thing I have noticed is that when I first got sober everyone treated me with kid gloves. I was not expected to fully participate within my family and was off work at the time. Slowly, things have returned to "normal" and expectations are that I be a fully functioning adult. Except I really don't do that well. Balance is a challenge to me as well. I am working the program, working at work, working at my marriage and my relationship with my kids. Plus all the other usual life crap-money, chores, etc. I'm trying to take life as life comes. I can only do so much and be so much. I can feel when I am not right-I get confused, indecisive thinking. I'm not thinking about or considering drinking at all, however. But when I feel tired/off, I don't ignore it. I try to get more sleep, talk to my sponsor, go to a meeting or listen to one on the internet, whatever it takes.