View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by onlythetruth View Post
I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that INFJs have a very deep need to understand themselves and the world around them, but are constantly having to readjust their understanding as they learn new things...so it's like a constant quest for truth. That is certainly true of me. I am always revising my viewpoints as I learn and grow. There are times that I would like to "just believe" something and then not think about it anymore; it seems like that would be easier. But when I've tried, it just never works out. I am not wired that way.
Exactly!

I have seen this tendency to constantly tweak or to see every situation as.... situational as alternatively a very positive thing (I roll with the punches, almost nothing ever gets put in a box) or a very negative thing (I'm wishy washy, don't know who I am). I think the positive assessment is more "true," but of course every yin has a yang. As my mother said once to my great delight, "Some people like to think the world is black and white, but they're mistaken - it's plaid!"

Seems that facing addiction would be less complicated (I'm not saying easier!) without the constant revision.

I know that some people would say all of that "I'm too flexible" stuff is AV plain and simple, and I might be inclined to agree. So I am who I yam. Knowing this, I can still be rigid and put my foot down when I make up my mind to do so. In this sense, knowing one's personality type could be tremendously helpful. In preparing to confront the beast, it's good to know that AV will use logic with a good dose of feeling and self-doubt thrown in just to mix it all up.