View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Zoenob

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
OH, and I wanted to add something else too. A year ago while on his work trip we talked about how I needed to heal from the fallout of being molested when I was 7 and raped when I was 19. I was explaining how I wanted to start working on myself and I wanted his support. He said, "If we need to be celibate until the day I die, then that's what we'll do so that you can take your time getting healthy." Today, I mentioned this event and he got really angry and said that, "I made a mistake back then. I did not mean that. I want SEX! I take my statement back."

REALLY? Wow. That's all I had at that point, was wow. I think my mouth hit the floor and so did the marriage counselor's.
I may be way out of line here and sincerely apologize if I am. Please please please understand that I don't want to offend anyone! It would seem to me that to have sex with someone that guilts and pushes you into having sex with them, especially when you are repulsed by them and don't trust them, would feel to me like sexual abuse. I've been pressured in the past and it made me feel very dirty and very betrayed.

I sincerely do not want to upset anyone with my own experience.