Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wrldhealer

I don't know if I need help... Am I an alcoholic?

I'm 25, and a stay at home mom. I drink at least 5 beers EVERY day...and I mean EVERY. I can't even remember the last day I didn't drink beer. I don't get drunk though... I only get drunk when I'm out with friends like once a month. I am still full functional, but for some reason, I just need the beer.
On the days my kid goes to daycare (twice a week) I find myself NEEDING a beer by 11am. On the days she is home with me, I usually won't start drinking until late afternoon.

Please don't judge... like I said, I don't get drunk. I usually don't even get a buzz... It's like something in my body just craves a steady flow of alcohol. I don't drink liquor ever...it's only beer.

My beer drinking doesn't interfere with finances, relationships, or anything for that matter... It seems like just a physical dependency. Would this classify as something I need to seek "help" for? Most alcoholics that need treatment are usually people who get wasted and it effects every aspect of their life.... I'm not like that at all, but it's still concerning to me that I cannot go a single day without it.