View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
onlythetruth
Member of SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
So think about this...

Maybe INFJs do it different.
I started out by saying that I "get" AVRT, and I really think I do.
But I don't seem to feel this approach the same way I've read others describing it.

And the wisdom is that people who really "get" AVRT do it and then they're done.
No need for support or fellowship with other addicts, they're just done.

So I was thinking maybe I didn't really get it or I was deluding myself into feeling that I wanted sobriety but I really didn't.
Robby helped me to see that "wanting" is neither here nor there when dealing with the beast, that I could just leave that "problem" alone.
He's an aa guy who thinks AVRT makes sense.
And OTT is a SMARTie who thinks AVRT makes sense.
According to AVRT, that shouldn't "work."
But it makes sense to me!

INFJs... we seek understanding of ourselves, way more than others do.
Perhaps that, combined with our tendency to want to help others, explains the high concentration of NF people that we have found here.
Obladi, I think you have a point. I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that INFJs have a very deep need to understand themselves and the world around them, but are constantly having to readjust their understanding as they learn new things...so it's like a constant quest for truth. That is certainly true of me. I am always revising my viewpoints as I learn and grow. There are times that I would like to "just believe" something and then not think about it anymore; it seems like that would be easier. But when I've tried, it just never works out. I am not wired that way.