View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Thumbs down Maybe OT Not sure if I am overreacting

Hi SR friends

Quick summary

I was glad to finally buy my own place, then I was offered a relatively good job and I was in desperate need of $$. The only problem is that it was in a different state.

Anyway, I moved, with the idea to go back to my own place and city at some point in the future. There I go looking for a new place to live in.
I am renting a room with a couple, she is German--

Red flags:

When I first arrived I asked for a glass of water and they did answer "we have no water but we have beer!" and offered me a beer. It was Monday night. I thought they were joking.. they were not.

When they had a welcoming party (they moved in recently as well) someone asked the woman what to serve guests that don't drink.. she answered "if someone does not drink he is not welcome in my home"

Also kind of "joking"

Long story short, on Sunday I drove from my home city to here and took my car with me & my schedule changed so now I wake up at 5AM to start my shift at 6 AM. Yesterday in the afternoon I was obviously exhausted, I started getting asleep then the roomies come home and start a small party for themselves with games & loud music.

I remembered how it was with XABF and at least felt grateful these people are not my family. I mean, they are functional, but I see way too many beer or alcohol bottles for people around 25/30. It is the woman's birthday today so they were "celebrating".

I sent her a message telling her our roomie situation was not going to work as now I need to sleep very early. And well, its their home, I am not going to ask them not to make noise after 9pm because I am the one that has to wake up early.

She answered apologetically around midnight saying she had not seen her mobile, that they didn't know I was there and that I should have gone personally to ask them to get the music down.

Am I overreacting for wishing to leave ASAP? My contract was a short one and supposedly ends in January. They are leaving for 3 weeks in December and I had hoped to spend some time with my mom over there.

Another item is the mattress - its the worst bed ever. Used and in bad conditions...the bottom is too hard and irregular, with the top way too weak, without support. I woke up with a nasty pain in the neck & back. I would prefer to put my sleeping bag and sleep on the floor tonight.

I was so frustrated I cried yesterday.. I just want a peaceful place to rest.
I have to drive in a highway while its still very dark, I work in IT at a bank.. I need my sleep.

Now I got 3 options

1 Stay & suck it up.

2 Ask someone I know if I can stay at her place -she is a friend's mom-, temporarily perhaps, not sure. This option is cheaper & I might be able to move out soon.

3 Look for a place by myself with the advantage that there is a greater chance for peace and maybe I could bring my cats with me.

The disadvantage of option 3 being it will cost $$ and I most certainly will have to ask my mom for help and I already owe her.