Thread: Yo-Yo Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
story74

Ok, so I couldn't decide whether to start my own thread, or comment again on this one.
We are dealing with the same reality.
My x has been consitent on visitation for thw past 3 times. This is huge for him. Today, he confirmed visitation. I ask my babysitter to have my son ready. I leave work early. I'm annoyed all day bc I don't want anything to do with this SOB. He is very late on child support. I'm tired and starving. I have to stop at the grocery store, but can't. Worried about going grocery shopping after visitation bc. My son will be exhausted. Did I say I was starving? I get home and rush into the car. My son asks "are we going to see daddy at the park" I ALMOST said yes bc of course he is going to make it. I text the SOB to let him know we are on the way. 1 minute later get a text saying "cancel I'm sorry" I gasped. I couldn't believe it. My son says...mommy what's wrong? I told him nothing. I ignored the text. 2 minutes later he texts "I'm stuck" wtf. I ignored. 2 more minutes later "can we reschedule tomorrow" I ignored. It was 10 minutes before we were about to see him, and he just realized he is stuck. Stuck with coke in his nose.

But, can you imagine if I bit. If I fell for it? If let him reschedule. If I let him lie? He would destroy my son. Right now, I can protect my son from the manipulation and pain. One time he verified visitation 2 minutes after. the deadline. I felt bad and thought I was being uptight and said fine, we can meet with you. 20 minutes later he texted saying we could meet the next day if that was easier. I ignored. An hour later he texted and canceled with no excuse. He was manipulating me. He tried to make me the bad guy, but it backfired on him.

Its insane what these addicts pull. I felt this post fit here bc we are talking about boundries and manipulation. You can't give them an inch.

It's such a yo yo. SUCH a yo yo! At this point my son is young enough to understand he sees daddy randomly.