Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Addict sister, over 20 years things have only declined. Many times my dad rushed out to her, to track her down on the street and try to clean her up at great financial, emotional and physical cost to him. Not one bit of it has done any good. Her son was in foster care for three years. Her social worker told us she would ask for help and he would spend alot of time and energy getting her into rehab programs, only for her to back out and walk away. This is my little sister who I was almost a surrogate mother to our entire childhood. In fact we took her in for two years, back when she wasnt this bad, had her clean and working for two years. She had a job, car, money in the bank, clothes... She had a niece who adored her and we developed a close relationship again. She would make comments all the time on jow boring the "straight life" is. One day she hooked up with an old meth buddy and went back to her old life. That was 12 years ago. I have been so beaten down by her, I cant do anymore.

It is heartbreaking, frightening, confusing and it is so hard when you see other family members suffer. You absolutely can not save a drowning person who will not even put forth the effort yo grab the life raft. They will latch onto you, drown you and move on to the next good hearted soul. Unless he calls out to his family for real help- not money with no strings or a place to crash with no obligation- you can do anything you think will help and it will not.