Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
joephus

One year later, things are MUCH worse. Need support

A year ago my family confronted my brother & his wife about their heroin habit. They made it appear as though they were getting help, but it was for show. Just recently, things hit a bottom for her, but not him. She's now living with her dad; my brother is living on the street and is now shooting crack.

His phone was stolen and he checked himself out of the shelter he was staying at, so we have no way of getting in touch with him. He's a 15 hour drive from me. I almost made the drive this weekend to find him, but logic got the better of me as I was about to walk out the door.

I KNOW that there's nothing we can do for him until he's ready, but I'm now kicking my self for not driving up there and at least trying. I KNOW the very best I could hope for is to slow him down for a day or two and change up his environment. I KNOW I could drive him to the middle of nowhere and he'll find a hookup.

At this point I am expecting, and am at terms with, getting the phone call that his body was found. My mother and sister are not; they are a lot more rational now than they were a year ago, but it would still tear them apart. I want to help him for them, not for him. This sucks!