View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Leftover

Somehow your post about an employee situation has turned back on you. That's unfortunate. Although in the work place I can see how the two situations could collide and present serious legal issues for your husband. Aside from that, your adult son's addiction is playing a huge role in in the dynamic of your family. I'm so happy for you that you have a relationship with him and can let him know you love him. No, you cannot do anything about his addiction or any other personal choices he makes. You are right about that. Reading through the lines, I believe you are not enabling, have set boundaries, and are waiting for the bottom to fall out. have you ever noticed that if an addict has unlimited money, their addiction doesn't affect them as quickly as the guy with limited resources. Obviously, your son does not have limited resources and that's not your doing. You can only stand back and wait. Pray he sees he needs help soon and gets into recovery. I'm a mom like you and there is only a tiny bit we can do. Influencing a grown man is impossible. Good luck and i'll keep yourson in my prayers.