View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by NickCage View Post
I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Nick. Im 28 and been an addict for ten years. When I was 18 I stayed high all the time, did almost every drug possible. It all changed when I met my wife. I was 20 at the time. She changed my life. At the time I had warrents for probation violation for drug possession. She talked me into turning myself in. It worked out for the best. I got clean and stayed clean. I ended up with a perfect job for myself. About 2 years go by and i get aquainted with methadone. I loved it. I could get so much more work done when I took it. Thought it would never be a problem. lol. It became one. I lost my job because of it and my wife. I got to where I was spending to much on pills so I thought it would be smart to switch to herion. I got to where I was shooting it everyday just to function. I ended up going to jail for an unpaid ticket and withdrawed in there for 2 weeks. That was 2 months ago. Havent go back to h yet. I feel like Im getting better. I just dont feel like myself anymore. The physical withdrawls are gone. The psycological sucks. I occasionally will take a couple tabs or a roxi and be good for most of the day. Makes me feel normal when I take an opiate. I dont want to be like this the rest of my life. What does it take to live a normal life without opiates? I can handle the physical but these mental withdrawals are going to keep me from staying clean.
Are you attending NA meetings in your area?

You asked if you would ever be normal again... do you ever remember being "normal" ?? I didn't know what normal was or felt like.

I wish you the best.

Bob R