View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NickCage

Will I ever be normal again?

I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Nick. Im 28 and been an addict for ten years. When I was 18 I stayed high all the time, did almost every drug possible. It all changed when I met my wife. I was 20 at the time. She changed my life. At the time I had warrents for probation violation for drug possession. She talked me into turning myself in. It worked out for the best. I got clean and stayed clean. I ended up with a perfect job for myself. About 2 years go by and i get aquainted with methadone. I loved it. I could get so much more work done when I took it. Thought it would never be a problem. lol. It became one. I lost my job because of it and my wife. I got to where I was spending to much on pills so I thought it would be smart to switch to herion. I got to where I was shooting it everyday just to function. I ended up going to jail for an unpaid ticket and withdrawed in there for 2 weeks. That was 2 months ago. Havent go back to h yet. I feel like Im getting better. I just dont feel like myself anymore. The physical withdrawls are gone. The psycological sucks. I occasionally will take a couple tabs or a roxi and be good for most of the day. Makes me feel normal when I take an opiate. I dont want to be like this the rest of my life. What does it take to live a normal life without opiates? I can handle the physical but these mental withdrawals are going to keep me from staying clean.