View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Sir, I'm glad you are concerned, that means you have feelings. Unfortunately, those feelings seem to be focused more on you than on her at this point.

I'm a guy whose Wife is the A. In the beginning I tried to brush it off, sweep it under the rub, etc., etc. At some point the non-A gets so fed up that they just can't deny what's going on and hold back their feelings. My Wife has cut back on her drinking, which is probably only a temporary band-aid to a long-term issue. But, when she does drink, and she hits the vodka, I get p*ssed. And each time it happens, I get colder and colder. Our 'bedroom life' (if you get the drift) is non-existent anymore.

The trust that she had is probably long gone, and only a long-term 'no episodes' pattern will possibly soften her up. She is probably 'detaching' - that is emotionally removing herself from you and your actions. I do it so that I don't drive myself crazy. She's in survive and protect mode, and that's reasonable for her to do this.

When you drink, you probably become hateful, accusatory, cold, etc. And you expecther to act differently towards you just because yesterday is yesterday? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Glad you posted, stick around and you'll learn a lot. You have some serious making up to do with your Wife. She deserves that much, and more.

C-OH Dad