Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
nonblondechef

Thank you for this sincere and honest post, backbeat. 9 months ago I was in a very similar position. Suspended. Put on final written. Ordered to mandatory counselling for alcohol issues. Huge turnover of staff. HR went to the GM and asked for me to be terminated. Fortunately that did not happen but what an eye opener all of this was to me - the steady, get it done, responsible NBC who works her a$$ off, even so booze sick there were days I thought I would crumple to the ground during the course of the day. All this occurred because I had been invited to dinner on Christmas night and after having a few glasses of wine saw that my restaurant was slammed with people and grossly understaffed so I went in and worked several hours. Bad choice but really the only thing I could have done.

Last Wednesday, just shy of 9 months sobriety, I was given a sizeable bonus and in our month end year end financial review found out that I had just completed the most successful year of any restaurant in our 3 year history. I have also been asked to take on another outlet due to open shortly. All of these accomplishments came on the heels of shame and regret.

I know that you will turn your situation around through your tenacity and sobriety. I am so pleased you shared this. Feel free to pm me at any time if there is anything I can do to help you through this experience. You can do this!! Hugs, NBC