View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
backtolifeforme
We all deserve respect & love

I refused to marry my XABF so can't weigh in on the last question. I don't blame you for feeling awful, you had 26 yrs with him so it is understandable. Frankly, I don't think the new woman in his life will fare much better than you. Sounds like he's playing games in the name of jealousy & trying to throw these claims in your face - please do keep focusing on yourself & the progress you've made so far. Were you trying to make him jealous at all to propel him into making changes when spending time with someone else? If you were, both of you are still playing the same game to some degree.

Alcoholics + perfect marriage = NON-EXISTENT. A man that has made no real changes in 26 yrs with you & isn't completely 100% committed to a recovery program has little chance at having any kind of healthy relationship. Remember the reality & please try to not allow unproven assumptions to take over your thoughts. This may be a good time to list some of the worst incidences that have occured in your old relationship which caused you to end it. We need to really ground ourselves when those emotional waves threaten to drown us. Much love to you.