Old 11-02-2004, 11:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lui

OK, I've written note after note of grateful words, for providing a supportive, safe place to go, to write to. Then, I erase, cause it all sounds so...simple. I'm just not sure how I'm going to do this. I've set all this in motion, and now I have to actually DO THIS? Scared, scared, scared (and still drinking). I have an appt. to see my doctor on Friday, so I figure I'll wait for her help (and meds, if necessary). I SO mMMMMMMuch appreciate the responses I've gotten from ya'll. All that being said, I'm still drinking at night, alone, and justifying it by telling myself I'll deal with it after I see my MD, or after I get back from vacation. I told my husband I was concerned that my "withdrawals" would really compromise the "fun" (read:drinking) during vacation, that he'd spend the vacation worried about me, and self-concious about his own drinking, and he looked at me and asked "What would Lisa (therapist) say to that?". I told him that he's a wise man...I think she'd say it was another excuse to the wine God (you know, the 10-foot tall bottle in the room with me?). I'm sooo anxious about all this. Any ideas? I don't want to spend the vacation drooling on the sheets under the influence of Ativan/Lithium, etc. while he tries to entertain himself on our anniversary trip. I think we should just drink as per usual, then I'll deal with it when I get back. Of course, then, I have real life, with real teenage daughters, etc....What is the best way??

Last edited by lui; 11-03-2004 at 01:44 AM.